You are here
Home > Football > SOUTHAMPTON STAR CHARLIE AUSTIN BANNED FOR THREE GAMES FOR VIOLENT MISCONDUCT

SOUTHAMPTON STAR CHARLIE AUSTIN BANNED FOR THREE GAMES FOR VIOLENT MISCONDUCT

Southampton forward Charlie Austin will miss three games in the wake of accepting a Football Association charge for violent misconduct.

The FA reported that Austin had argued that the suspension – earned for kicking Huddersfield goalkeeper Jonas Lossl – was in appropriate, however that his case had been rejected.

Danish goalkeeper Lossl was left with a bloodied face with suspected broken nose following the episode up Saturday’s 1-1 draw at St Mary’s Stadium.

Austin, who scored his fifth goal in five start previously leaving with hamstring injury, avoided punishment for the incident during the contest discipline.

‘Charlie Austin will be suspended for Southampton’s next three matches after he was accused with violent charges. He acknowledged the charge yet contended the suspension was excessive. This was dismissed by an Independent Regulatory Commission,’ the FA said.

‘The striker was associated with the incident  which was not seen by the match authorities but caught on video amid Saturday’s game against Huddersfield Town.’

Huddersfield manger David Wagner targeted Austin following the flashpoint.

‘Subsequent to seeing the video play back, this ought not to ordinarily happen, that a rival harms another opponent deliberately,’ Wagner said.

‘I will prefer not to say any thing, yet it looks this way. Jonas too was completely astonished. This was a dreadful challenge and i never see this thing before.

‘I think he resembles this challenge was terrible and dreadful. This ought to never happen. Charlie Austin made on the wrong decision in the moment.’

Austin got the opener halfway through the main half, yet was substituted in the closing stage of the game with a hamstring injury and Southampton manager Mauricio Pellegrino affirmed he is probably going to be sidelined for the rest of the festivals calendar in any case.

That, and the boycott, implies Southampton’s best scorer will miss the club’s next three games – away to Tottenham and then Manchester United – with a home match against Crystal Palace on January 2.

The Saints have tumbled to thirteenth in the Premier League table after a six-game winless streak, and manager Pellegrino has called for development in the second half of the campaign.

”In the middle of the season, obviously we couldn’t show this consistency especially in results,’ Pellegrino said. ‘Because we couldn’t win those games we deserved to win where we created a lot of chances.

‘But football is efficiency, so no matter how strong the build-up, sometimes you just need to score. Still we’ve got 50 per cent of the tournament to try to bounce back, to change this mood and hopefully that can start on Tuesday.’

ajay
Sports freak at your door step

Similar Articles

Leave a Reply

Top