will return to the London Marathon next April on the back of his third-placed finish in the capital earlier this year.
The 35-year-old broke the British record in finishing behind Eliud Kipchoge in the spring – a performance that convinced him to end his international retirement and compete at the World Championships next year and at Tokyo 2020.
That decision was emphatically validated with his win at the Chicago Marathon last month, in which he broke the European record.
Tuesday morning’s confirmation of his inclusion in the field for London next year was more of a formality than a revelation, with Farah having committed to two marathons when he signed a six-figure deal with race organisers after switching from the track to road racing last year.
Farah’s 2019 season will peak at the worlds, but it is not yet clear if he will contest the marathon in Doha.
His team have said he is considering his options, which could yet include a surprise return to the track before stepping back up to the marathon for Tokyo 2020.
Farah said: ‘I feel I have made great strides in the past year, finishing third in London in April, and winning my first major marathon in Chicago in October.
‘That and breaking both the British and European records has given me the confidence that I can compete against the best marathon runners in the world.
‘London always puts together a world-class field and I expect that will be exactly the same in 2019 and I can’t wait for the challenge.’