Karim Benzema has hit out at accusations that he was involved in a kidnap attempt of his former agent, taking to Twitter to launch his defence.
Leo D’Souza has taken legal action on the Real Madrid striker, filing a lawsuit earlier this month claiming to be the victim in an attempted abduction according to Mediapart.
But despite the sensational claims, Benzema insists the story is a fabrication and that he has no case to answer.
Benzema said on Twitter: ‘A relative of Benzema touches D’Souza’s arm, it is an abduction. De Souza is beaten up, but he has no days signed off work’
‘D’Souza says that Benzema was in the van, an idea dismissed by the investigators. Is this world serious? #Ithastostop #Givemeabreak #toomuch’.
D’Souza is claiming the abduction attempt happened on October 7 outside a shisha bar, the night before he launched the legal claim.
The 33-year-old stated that a black van had pulled up alongside him, with an associate of Benzema demanding he get into the vehicle.
After refusing the request, D’Souza claims he was then punched before those at the bar got involved in the dispute.
Although Mediapart report that Benzema – who denies the attempted abduction took place – was not at the scene, it claims two men involved at the bar left shortly after to go to a hotel where the Frenchman was stating.
Mediapart claim the feud between Benzema and his former representative started over £44,000 which was seized by customs at Marrakech airport.